Dydh da! Welcome
Marazion Town Council is an elected local authority. It is the first tier of local government and plays a vital role in engaging with the people of Marazion and helping shape their community. The Council has a variety of powers and duties vested in it through Acts of Parliament.
Marazion Town Councillor Vacancy
A vacancy risen on the Town Councillor following the resignation of former Cllr Colin Pringle.
If you would like to consider becoming a Marazion Town Councillor then please click on the Vacancy Advert below.
Marazion Traffic Management Proposals Public Consultation 3rd December 2021 – 4th January 2022.
Cormac Solutions Ltd, on behalf of Cornwall Council are inviting comments on proposals:-
- Reduce the 40mph speed limit to 30mph to the east of the town.
Reduce the speed limit to 30mph along Green Lane, Green Lane West and a section
- Reduce the 30mph speed limit in the town and some residential areas near the
town to 20mph.
- Enhance the gateway features at the start of the proposed 30mph speed limit and
20mph zone; this includes the removal of two speed cushions, just to the north of
the Godolphin Drive junction, and replacement with a road narrowing.
- Provide No Waiting at Any Time restrictions and two sections of limited waiting
along Turnpike Road.
- Highlight informal crossing points, using different coloured surface, at West End.
- Provide a Vehicle Activated Sign to the east of the town.
All documents and maps below.
- Consultation Letter
- Public Notice
- Map Traffic Calming and Parking Restrictions Turnpike Road (Cemetery)
- Map – Traffic Calming and Parking Restrictions Turnpike Road
- Map – 20mph Speed Limit Zone Gwallon Lane and Trevenner Square
- Map – 20mph Speed Limit Zone and Parking Restrictions Turnpike Road
- Map – 20mph Speed Limit Zone and Anti-Skid Surfacing West End
- Map – Road Narrowing and 20mph Speed Limit Zone West End
- Map 30mph Speed Limit Extension Green Lane
The local area
Marazion Town Council
The Town Hall